Jul 12, 2003

Inspired by the Tindersticks, this evening's theme is love songs where a murder also occurs, or potentially occurs:

UNTIL THE MORNING COMES
--Tindersticks

My hands around your throat
if I kill you now, well,
they'll never know.

Wake me up if I'm sleeping,
by the look in your eyes
I know the time's nearly come.

Wake me up 'cause I'm dreaming.
Well, they'll never believe
what's been happening here.
But caught in my mind, there's a way
to get out.

CHORUS:
Wake me up 'cause I'm dreaming.
Well, they'll never believe it.
So hush now, Molly, please don't cry. Everything's
going to be allright.
Hush now, darling, I can hear you screaming.
Let me hold you until the morning comes.

So tell me this is what you want.
You can whisper it softly,
or you can scream it out loud.
'Cause there's still time to change your mind.
Do it now, before tomorrow comes.

CHORUS

The light is fading, but the stars are dancing by.
My mind is racing, like the clouds across the sky.
How did you make me go this far?

***

No comments: