Jul 28, 2003

Back from poetry wiffleball in NYC. It was alot of fun. It was good to meet and/or re-meet many poetry comrades in NYC. I'm sorry to say that Boston poetry (e.g. myself, Christina Strong and Jim Behrle with David Kirschenbaum and Jen Coleman ringing) were soundly trounced by the hitting machine that was Alison Cobb, Ethan Fugate, Jordan Davis and Sarah Manguso. It seems that in matters involving the hitting of little spheres with cylinders, the laws of physics will forever turn upon Bostonians in New York. Perhaps the enchanting Brenda Iijima enchanted their bats during her brief appearance prior to the game. I don't think the Yankees and the Red Sox gather together at the Zinc Bar following their games to read poems, though. Maybe if they did I'd have more interest in baseball. It was lovely to hear all read following the game. I'm glad for the Fung-Wah and it's $20 gateway to NYC. I'll post some of the collaborative project that Christina and I read from later this evening.

Hope anyone and everyone at the Grand Cafe on Sunday had a good time.

No comments: