Mar 12, 2004

Was reading from 29 CHEESEBURGERS at a Borders Books in Boston last night and some guy interrupted after the first poem about Shaye's and said,

"Did you write that poem?"

"Err...yeah..." I said.

Then he said, "I'm the cook at Shaye's, I made that burger. That poem sure ain't like anything I've ever experienced there."

He was kinda vaguely confrontational. It was a little weird, but also kinda cool. I've been waiting for someone from one of the many restaurants I mention to become aware of the book, most especially any number of waitresses I have crushes on (Yes, there are a bunch of them. How does that Tom Waits song go, "When you ain't got nobody...")

I should just start trying to trade copies for beers. Ultimately, that's where the money from the book goes anyhow...

No comments: