Feb 9, 2009

I Would Seriously Rather Read Comic Books Than Contemporary Fiction


Because I know that you're dying to read it, my review of various and sundry Jack Kirby publications can be found HERE in the latest issue of Boog City. Besides Sebald and Proust (yes, I know how snotty that sounds and I don't care), pretty much all I have read in the past year besides poetry and crappy 5-paragraph essays is Jack Kirby comic books. This article concerns the recent Kirby bio-coffee-table book and the recently compiled Jack Kirby's Fourth World compiled by DC comics, and is really kind of a prelude to something much longer that would probably interest me and a bunch of guys who live in the archetypal parents' basement.

David's parents apparently went to temple with Kirby. I kind of wish he was still alive because maybe they could have gotten me an autograph or something, or, better yet, give him a copy of Tight 4 below with some poems I wrote about him and the Fourth World.

No comments: