Dec 30, 2004



Well, Xmas was, well, Xmas. Not an awful lot to report about that. Saw my mom and my aunt and my cousin, which was nice. Hung out in Tolland, CT which was for the most part boring. On Satuday I went to visit my father and the evening culminated in a shouting match about our beloved President and how dad, a devout atheist, can support a man who's religious beliefs color his every decision and who is eroding the division between church and state faster than you can say "Spanish Inquision."

The 26th was a big improvement, however, as Rachel, Xtina, mom and I stopped in at the inimitable Shady Glen for a post-holiday repast.







And then came back to CT where I more or less sat on my ass until Tues PM when at long last the blog coasts united and I was able to hang out in person at long last with bloggy soul-sister Cat Meng for nourishing BBQ and McNeill's Oatmeal Stout to bring me back to my days in VT.

Rachel's parents in town yesterday and we all went to the MFA. Was underwhelmed by the Josef Sudek show which was poorly curated and even more poorly documented. The MFA continues to be my least favorite museum in Boston, if not anywhere. It's fun to see their Asian collections, lovingly pilfered from Asia for the enjoyment of white Bostonians, but they do a really poor job for the most part with contemporary work.

Soon we are off to New York City until the end of the vacation. If any of you New Yorkers want to hang out over the next few days, give me a ring. Especially if you know of something exciting going on tomorrow night. We will be at the Po Project marathon on Saturday, but apart from that, it's anyone's guess...

No comments: