Dec 30, 2004

 


THE PERSIAN


Observe as my bristles re-hue under
the moon of the theory of the moon.


A million demerits for misuse of the field, a beady
look around the mouth. The directrix requires you
worship her yellow hair.


At last, duckling, I've no use for you & no
stomach to concur the whiteness of the snow,


You must say "palm frond"
when referring to the palm fronds, we have
a word for that pose & we think you know what
it is.


even in light of the lashes of the fraction's big
radium divider, the fury of the demon denominator:


I, Rasputin, thinker of substandard thoughts
beseech you varied narrators:


Nothing's quite as real as how you
remember the dream, eh, mon chere?


I am the Green Man and my ideas
are green. I will learn to go slower,


The purpose has pretty
legs if you watch it dance.


Porpoise, remonstrance: everything


depends of the lapels of that orgy
& the colorful speech of professional
sports.


Forget all about the extra fingers &
the wan fragments of time, tied to the chicken
you push me out of the tree.

No comments: