Aug 19, 2003

I realize many of you have probably given up on checking my blog at this point since I haven't posted much in the past two weeks or so. On vacation, so thus not near any terminal.

While I was in NYC visiting the good folks at Ugly Duckling Presse, I attending two fabulous readings (for those of you who weren't present), Mike Ford at the Ugly Duclking Space in DUMBO and Tim Peterson and Aya Karpinska. I intend to talk about these readings in more detail later on.

Now I am back and summer is coming to a close, more or less. Though it is quite nice out now, not too hot but also very sunny. The end of August often provides very pleasing weather, and also very interesting light.

On that subject, saw Mars last night and it was pretty amazing. Was considering the ramifications of Mars. While beautiful there was also something vaguely sinister, perhaps because astrologically speaking Mars represents everything that is antithetical to me (Mars being the planet associated with Aries and fire and me being a Pisces with Libra rising, creature of water and air). I suppose in a war year, it is only appropriate that Mars be of exaggerated proportions up there, an aloof red eye. I'm having trouble getting past this notion of Mars as sinister harbinger. Maybe I should reread The Martian Chronicles or something...

No comments: