Apr 1, 2011

NaPoWriMo

It's that time of year again, National Poetry Month, variously beloved and maligned by poets themselves.  I will be participating in the NaPoWriMo festivities, as usual, by posting a poem a day.  Some of these will be for my ongoing Northern Soul project, writing glosses on songs associated with that cultural moment in the U.K. in the late 70's - early 80's; I will also post some of the translations of Sant Fransesch: Poema by the Catalan poet Jacint Verdaguer that I have been working on, as well as miscellaneous ekphrastic things as I write them.

I've done some housecleaning on this blog, as you can see.  Since Facebook has all but replaced Blogger as a social networking platform, I've eliminated the links that served that purpose from the blog, and devoted this one entirely to my own work.  I'll be blogging on my other blog, Ashes Ghosts Rubies as a more traditional "blog," and will include some links to poetry-content sites that I read frequently, as well as some links to commercial presses.

No comments: