Apr 13, 2008

I feel like when I go swimming at the gym and it seems like I've been swimming for a long time, and I stop to check the clock and I've been swimming for like 5 minutes.

This one is cheating because it was not written today, or this month for that matter. But you've never seen it before, so just pretend that I'm lying.



CAROUSEL HORSE




Flesh a ship’s flesh

bones the bones

of the dead
a gilded instrument

bespangled

trotting mouth
agape at

München

Follow
the cameleopard
Leviathan
my brother
Ark lion:
blade & frost born M.

Illions chopped loudly painted
round haunches

a kouros
for the children-burden
for the brass ring-
clink into fingers
the lightbulbs’ glowworms

matte wooden axle-Bavaria
in a child or monk’s hand,
Neuschwanstein, always
mountain-sized
mädchen &

scale errors
never daunted
giving

as only object can
love inanimate animate love



mount

of God
(nostalgia)
of History
(nostalgia).

In the loop powerless
seizing

gazes & bodies
Touched
moreso than
a quick beast

in successions’ rosary
leisure station

such as I am

wooden phantom, a cog
no less perfect

moving

stasis
orbit & archetype,

warped & buckled

ever resplendent

plastic finery

bronze tack & rod

unclosed eyes

trotting always

toward my brothers & sisters
away from my brothers & sisters

No comments: