Jul 13, 2004

Wha?



AP Poll: Bush Seen Decisive, Kerry Smart

OK, since when do we value anything BESIDES intelligence in our elected leaders? The only other thing I can think of is charisma, and we all know Dubya is about as charismatic as an autistic proctologist. He's "DECISIVE," yes he DECIDED to surreptitiously invade another country for specious reasons, he DECIDED to declare war on abortion and civil rights, he DECIDED to perhaps irredeemably mangle the economy. Yes, he's as dumb as a box of rocks, but he's DECISIVE.

Why am I not afforded this same luxury? Well, maybe it was DUMB to run up those thousands of dollars of debt on my credit cards in my 20's, but it was DECISIVE, so I'm fit to be president, right? I can spend egregious amounts of money on ridiculous things also... (But I don't kill anyone in the process...)

Let us pray that we can ixnay Governor Bush before the man has a chance to DECIDE on anything else, and at least put someone who is ostensibly "smart," most likely fairly charismatic (mark my words, if we manage to elect him, I will personally write an ODE TO HIS HAIR) and at the very least apparently a human being into office.

This post is rife with capital letters. Not sure why I'm feeling compelled to capitalize here...

No comments: